Thursday, September 08, 2005

xxxiii

Yesterday I had an actual date.
I kissed him all the way through

the movie. Let’s see, I met him at
Gratzi. We walked down the street

with the small sidewalks. Which kind
of wrecked my nerves. After a drink

and some cheap dinner, we rented a
movie. We just walked around.

I tried to take him to the arboretum,
but we never made it there. The moon

was full, seriously, and the city so
quiet. It was a place I’d never been

before. No previous memories.
I was nervous. He sat back against the

wall, smartly looking up at the ceiling,
and I couldn’t take my eyes off his

face. His olive jacket, his hair in a way
that I’d never seen. It was very unique.

A million strange things went through my
mind. I finally had to ask for a fork.

I love the way he takes apart his
sandwiches. He left me a message

saying that it was all so very nice. Trying
to remember it, I took out my diary.

After lunch, I’ll probably go to the
water tower to learn some more of my lines.