Friday, March 31, 2006

clxxix

Good afternoon from Mildred’s!
Actually, it feels more like mourning.

We showered at school, drove thru
Boston, a nice jaunt above campus.

We hugged and studied domesticity.
It’s more of a headache than you

might imagine. I felt trapped. Con
solidated boxes, filled up a scrapbook.

They’re not going to accommodate
me anymore. So what will I do

this week? Take a break from the
lilies? Those goofy financial issues

maraud our den, but I’m relieved. Love
is overrated. Right? I ran away

from thinking about it for a moment.
We didn’t see the same kitchen. He

posted a few things on the refrigerator,
melted the whiteboard, ripped a hole

in the sink. And most interesting,
I’ve found a room in my heart, that

other hole, and I really should de
vote my, well, devotion to it. The

hole. The interregnum.