Friday, February 26, 2010

mcxxxv

Reading just depressed me.

I’ll suffer with the dawgs of Awgust.  Let them
remember me this way, torn apart from my meat,
putting on the wrong face and forgetting to wear
a belt.  The hallway’s doused in tingly lubricant

and breakfast is nothing but a couple of birds in
the attic.  What found me there?  What lasted
a year of losing, EXIT signs pasted on molars,
beckoning?  Cater like a whistling siren, though,

bone them with any possible methodography,
and it’s breakdancing down staircases.  All
edgy.  And all edginess kills.  Who wouldn’t
prefer raindrops of toothpaste, a deodorant

that puts its money where its mouth is, literally
covers it all up?  I’m not afraid of baldness, per se,
but haphazard circle jerks?  Call me a hand-held,
but let me sink into your couch like a crying meatloaf.