Friday, August 12, 2011

mcdlviii

The Sellout

Terror seems to have forgotten me.
But not vulnerable.   This is
The Year of Vulnerable.   A
woman I don’t know says
“you’re in denial!”   I try to
believe it.

Resolutions wrapped in red leather
just to twist the tongue, to entice
those canaries.   I plant another
green globe into my craw
but haven’t yet the stomach
of an animal.

The tiny green globe crawls
back out and onto the sidewalk.

Say “important” says the animal.
It’s a first sip of coffee before
up with the zipper and
out with a toothpaste.   Suckers!
Fill my stocking with

bully, I’m gone running
errands without any motive.
If I find a list I usually
cross it off.

But [mockingly] this handout looks better
marquee’d.   Belongs on the top shelf
with a $50 gift card for someplace
with nothing under a grand.   You’ve got
another delusion to pump up.   You’ve got

a job tomorrow.   Pump.   It.   Up.
It’s the dawn of a new era
that called in sick.   Rex
the german shepherd ate it and then
barfed it into the creek before it froze up.

Walk like a dime’s glimmer of apathy.
Sever your ditty with market so savvy
it fits into everyone’s New Year’s diet.