Wednesday, February 29, 2012

mdxcix

Almost the Exact Quote

Here the snow bleeds clouds. Such
happiness to be taken on a ride
in a train with a penny engine.

The toys in this dream are binary.
Chalk-colored coal or coal-colored
chalk. I enjoy it immensely because

now I want to build something bigger.
Bright face of such happiness, why can’t I
enjoy more? [Complacently moving from

Point A to Point B] Why am I frightened of losing
or of just being along for the ride? I don’t want
to want nothing but am overwhelmed or

bloated with wanting. Instantly I want also
something else. I write it down. The page
says hello, forcing my gaze out the window. I get

distracted by an American flag and page 1 of
Yoga for Dummies. I live with a pink bear
who wears a very tall crown made of paper¹.

¹That reads “Made in June 2[_ _ _]” and “Otto rules!”

hello.