Sunday, February 10, 2013

mdcccxxxv

I’ve a lot to mull over right
now – the potential – ok, it’s
really not potential.  I put on
a necktie for work/life balance.

A potion for radical change.  I have
a few words.  Like last.  And anyway.
Surprise!  It’s okay.  Well, more
interesting than I would have imagined.

Would have.

I take pictures of imaginary architecture
in the rain in stupid postmodernism in
the city which is a museum at 3:30am
because I can’t wrap myself around

this much insomnia.  All of the faces are
moody, melancholy.  But not horribly so.
I learn how to love everything about it.
About them.  About us.  I’m just following up

on correspondence, trying to stay in touch.  I
walk around all day and night looking for
someone to recognize.  Nothing hits me,
not even the nostalgic.

I want to like someone as a person, even
with what little I may know about it.  I am
interested in getting to know you better,
I whisper to each one.  A card arrives

from Suzanne.  It’s addressed to both
Otto and me and it is a thank you
for our attendance at her surprise 50th
which took place in an East Bay tiki lounge.