Monday, March 18, 2013

mdccclxiii

What I thought I saw wasn’t real at all.
The word for the capacity (or more like
propensity?) to make something last a
very long time.  Much longer than usual.
The opposite of waste.  Today’s lesson in
addiction involves conservation.  The...
capacity...to think outside of the box when
others just assume you’re listening to other
people’s conversations.  To stranger’s
conversations.  And so that’s what you’re
writing down all over and about the page.
Why are you mad at me?

In my (silent) head I think Katy Perry.  She’s
my dead cat.  How I have possibly afforded
such silence I will never know.  It’s all
sinking in.  About the interview.  And
I’m just eating it up.

So I break the silence with Hungry Like
the Wolf and work on irony for thirty
minutes.   What if after two and a half
years I’ve completely fogotten how to
multi-task???

At issue are brain cells and the elderly.
Or elderly brain cells.  Or not enough
patience.  And the elderly.  Or look
into the eyes of crazy.  Looking at me
like a freakshow all freaking me out
because you’ve the golden eyes of
crazy.

Your eyes are crazy and they burn
right through old brain cells.