Friday, March 22, 2013

mdccclxvi

Dear Michael,

The birds this morning know
that they are cheap.  Can you
hear them gossiping on the sill?

Things now are more like poetry
than ever.  But it’s impossible to
get down.  And it’s impossible to

get any of it down.  Scratch that.
I’m way down.
So I float through the movie

like a child, hopefully.  Float
hopefully through the movie.
To float on the hope of a child

rather than a nuisance
....   ...that’s the definition of
‘boot camp,’ isn’t it, to create

nervous breakdowns in a bunch
of people, and then rigidify them
as a unit,  says Stan Brakhage

[desparately] to Christopher
Luna.  I don’t know where
I am but I can hear the

shower.  On my face
is a clown made of
icing.  On my 7th

birthday is a brown
cake with a huge reposing
clown made of icing.


                                 Touchdown,
                                 Breakdown