Friday, May 29, 2015

mmcccxci

Science and the rotation of enjoyment.
                                                 —Basil King

The oddity of fighting with fans. Fan-fighting.

(Just briefly, from the box...) It is
the rainiest March in the record-
books, or something. The network
is confusion in front of me. Perhaps
I forgot my glasses again. Perhaps
I left my glasses on the dancefloor
again. In the taxi cab again. Do I
spend another very large sum on
a pair of glasses? Back in the
day....

Rainy, rainy winter/spring. Otto
and I exchange words via tiny
computers. Via Google without
goggles. He has sent me these
after I presented a comment
about the oddity of fighting
with fans. Having now seen
this phenomenon occur in
several films.

Fold-out fans. The ones when in
hot weather, say, or of a Sunday
morning when the pastor goes 
on for five or ten minutes too
long, open like a V and gets
waved to cool one’s face.
Made of paper. Or any
of various metals or
synthetic materials.

fans