Thursday, December 31, 2015

mmdvii

Curtains

The toilet won’t shut up. But
what will motivate me up and
out of bed? It’s 3:03pm. Erin
and I went to a backyard

filmfest out near Irving & 9th
on Friday night. It says right
here that it was fun, but I do
not remember it. At all. Ex-

cept the mosquitoes. And
purchasing repellant and
watermelon Smirnoff Ice
with which to watch. But

Erin’s short film I still
have yet to see. Some-
thing didn’t go well with
the DVD player. Later,

I met up with some flirty
friends at The Cinch. And
then somehow wound up
at Dragon (for no more

than five minutes, though;
attempted too large an
argument on the phone...)....
Timing. Are all nerds losers?

This time it was my fault
for certain. The toilet still
sings like there’s no tomorrow.
I sit up in bed, its sole occupant

at my home of eleven some-odd years.

broken shot glass