Friday, April 20, 2018

mmdcclxviii

This Is Not At All How I Feel About It

Many apologies. In all the years of our correspondence, I
do not recall broaching this subject, which has been many. 
And this particular topic is uncannily important, especially
with regard to our relationship. So it is with all due respect
that I respond with a question.  This is what we do.  The
answer is not when will I become my old self but how.
Sometimes never is a blesséd thing.  Its a lousy example,
but when I took the Hippocratic Oath, I never thought
I had become such a hypocrite.  Maybe the Greeks were
all Geminis, I dunno (I certainly dont remember copulating
the Halloween previous).  “I wasn't on hand for that part-
icular heartbreak,” he says nostalgically, not even using
them (his hands) to make the point.  Amused by this, Arthur
begins to sing La Isla Bonita while the rest of the knights
are serving all of their soldiers for dinner (shining armor,
indeed!). All of the henchman agree upon specifically
what to do about history. The agreement, stacked as it
were, rock upon rock (as I recall, it was mostly slate,
done in the classic style so predominant in those less
volatile but much more tawdry times), was hinged
into about seven triptychs. “What do you mean,
what is there to do about all of this history,” she
asked the by then vanished capitan while astral pro-
jecting herself into a different parlor which housed
all of the same strange people at the other parlor,
except this newer family looked a lot more exhausted. 
I agreed as I twitched back and forth amongst extreme
clarity, juxtaposition (again, in the nature of that
particular era), a perverted cynicism and a very
oddly-whetted comedy at which only I occasion-
ally would squeeze out a dry chuckle or two.