Friday, October 26, 2018

mmdccxcviii

Coiffured


It’s not my tome to pen
(and what a pen it would be!),
but the necessity for this ask task
might as well look like defeat (May
I borrow your set of clippers, please?  
My last two pair have been, sadly,
stolen.  And as for what remains of
this last set, well, I just accidentally
chopped the electrical wire in
two.) but it is.

                              So you lost all
sensation in your left abdomen?
Good news:  The Depression!

                                            People
go around saying beards are passé
now.  But I’m in luck!  Because this
is San Francisco.  And in San Francisco, be
you an actual panhandler (that word
harks a bit too far back in this neck
of the woods, but I guess could mean
one who doesn’t have a job, one who
doesn’t have a place to live and/or one
who  doesn’t have a penny) or you’ a
tech zillionaire the good news is this:
beards are still very much in fashion.

Don’t think for a moment, however, that just
because I am double-up on my luck (because of my
profession) and I live the lifestyle that has been
handed to me that I cannot relate to the guy
here who is in the fishing industry. 

And panhandlers?

(Being still, as they say, in on the joke, I have yet to
hold my cupped hands out sad-facedly toward anything
but the internet.)

Also, just because I’m queer (and obviously
have no idea where I am going with this) does not
mean I give a dime to any Tom, Dick or Harry on
the street.  I say people need to own it in order to
earn it.  Not that I even pay attention to the street.
Or the people on them.

                                    At least Daddy always says
that I like to think of a runway as a garage with a
slice of carpet down the middle (somewhere be-
tween the Jaguar and the Leisure Van.  Or maybe
we could place the carpet here, next to the Tesla. 
Now wouldn’t that be very today?).... 


By the way, the Jaguar is our little family joke.
However, I’m unsure who in the family still
approves of it being a joke anymore.  That is, ever
since Skeeter passed during the safari back &rsuo;88.
(Skeeter drove the jaguar once.  With Billy Joel in
the passenger seat.  Or so the story goes, anyway.)


Honestly, I think this show is going to be such a
crumble.  It’s like Eve always says to me:
You do such gritty work, how do you do it?! 


I’ll tell you how to do it —
and this is just between you and me —
I make it real, honey.  I make it real.