Friday, September 05, 2008

dcclxxvii

No more than a page.

Really curious if, as expounded by Whalen:
“most of [MY] problems will disappear if [I] sit
still (privately, i.e. in solitude) 1 hour per day
without going to sleep (do not speak, hum or whistle
the while)”

...

“I do not put down the academy but have assumed its function
in my own person, and in the strictest sense of the word—academy:
a walking grove of trees.”   (Whalen again, after an hour or so)

Repeat the next sentence seven times.

Toward(s) a philosophy or having convictions (in earnest,
or by virtue of living earnestly?).   Waking up one day
and having one.   Is impressive.

The train is huge now, we picked up New York.   Boston makes me happy
I live in San Francisco, but happy!   I mean I love Boston.

Strange couplets at the bottom of a page:

                “wordspity
                don’t kiss me”

                “Charles Bernstein
                no beep”

                “a stroke of luck
                a lack of fuck (not true)”

South Station.   Nice cabbie drove me from Machine last night
picking me up at 12:10pm.   Feeling a bit jittery due to birthday cake
and coffee.                      Owen has decided he wants to eat mushrooms.