Saturday, October 23, 2010

mcclxxv

Everything is such a big secret.   Why can’t we just
play out in the open?   There are such peculiar ideas
in the world.   We should go to sleep with them all.

I remember curiosity.   It strikes me like a pillow at
camp or a lazy massage therapist on my foot.   I’m
embarrassed that you’re embarrassed and I don’t

understand this game of let’s not say too much or
else he’ll know what I’m saying.   Do I do this?
It’s too much to hear.   Do we sit in the drizzle til

the sun rises?   I’m not even sure I have the date
correct but this is how I get my culture.   Getting a
Brazilian, for example, is an act of poetry.   It’s

a poem being unwritten.   I’m not even sure if I
have the date correct.   Apply the skin softener and
let the cat do all the work.   I can’t remember a thing

but I’m sure I’m getting fucked somewhere.