Saturday, September 10, 2011

mcdlxxiv

Like the Thimble in the Sky

The bedroom is deep sky blue
with some clouds.   The kitchen
will be something around mustard.

We’re both early risers (he’s making
coffee, though I hear no percolation).
Tonight, this room, swap a few poems,

a window out to the familiar (wrong
direction?), the eucalyptus tree, a
fellow pine [– overwhelms me

as I write it – I realize I have not
been.]   He’ll splash fragrantly
in the air....Almost none.
   Good

and muddled sitting in a foreign
room.   Like Texas, a few weeks
later (or behind), in a new –

down South they call them
whirlpools – the moon
rising early.   The three of us

a steamy ephemeron.   An
Ikea bookshelf fooling around
with a sofa.   “Your grandfather,”

I’d say to the one I’m sitting on.
If furniture could speak!   Con-
templative with chilly

appendages.   Except a warm
index finger curled around a
thumb.   Rice in the cooker.