Monday, December 12, 2011

mdxlii

Hack Soft Hypocrisy

...no time for a lifestyle...
                       —David Highsmith

The conservation conversation left me
dry of mouth. Do I complain a lot? I don’t
see myself as much of a complainer....

Avoid the tiny game inside my phone.
Avoid the music I spent hours researching
and then downloading. What’s the reference?

A collage is nothing for me but scatterbrain. How
embarrassing that it becomes a way of life? But
I meant to be eccentric at some point. Is that

why nobody gets me? When pricked, any Gemini
gushes the same, mostly. Just more rivulets,
more general directions, the gushing. How

nasal my lack of charm; so Faustian? I live,
lest I fall asleep. There’s more music somewhere.
An imagined train back home from a missed

engagement. What a wallop (not a fine
alternative to riot, but allow me a few
steps back from the obvious; though,

I am confident that you’re too savvy for 
such diversions, right?)! Engagement is 
my touted mask, my modus operandi

the deep well that feeds my mojo.
Or thus I cluck repeatedly
and for reals. Believe

these lips for mantra and yours
might warm my very soul before I've
[and I say this] scrambled them for breakfast.