Monday, August 13, 2012

mdcxciv

Jesus and His Thumbs

I get lots of appreciation and stuff.  But then
there is the demand of getting up after already
going to bed to help with laundry.  Homework

makes it even more frustrating.  Did my blood
pressure hit the roof?  I balk, knowing it’s a
“bad idea” – and so – homework to house-

cleaning.  A worn-out cigar on the kitchen floor.
The cat refusing to leave the bedroom all day
and peeing generously on the bed.  In two

locations.  Including on top of a pillow.  It’s
nice to go shopping for home supplies.  Whether
alone or together.  But what about the people

who are always there and yet I always forget.
I have to be reminded of these people while
Otto heads to Castro with Dave.  Kate arrives

for the first time ever.  I meet up with Kim and
Hiro.  Yuki talks me into going to the End-up,

but we mostly just talk in the car.  I order a
shrimp omelet and watch the clouds dissipate.