Thursday, October 27, 2005

lxviii

rejoice I worked so hard this week
even the staid birds done gone
frightened by the copters
other’n that and squabbling with
the men who fear
    Mauricio’s

let them see their music high in that
book I’ve already read    whatsit?
like lush leopards who crash against
the window that is usually just lashed
    by the puffity wind

here he is    he’s from Colombia
and on a Saturday night to boot
first a couple a pelicans wanted to do coffee
’n heard Ezra slur “hath no blood o’ crimson?”
they were very studied     seemed better than
    Ross’s crew

we quite deftly spluttered
“death to such sluts”
which I’ve got to factor into office politics
and the people who actually want to kiss my
    dire ass

oh to be very thin
I say this because it’s so pretty to me
even when nobody’s flirty
nowhere
ah the heartblocked life
    o’ the new kid