Wednesday, June 17, 2009

cmlxi

Eerie aurora, galaxy smashups
                           —CNN.com

It’s not just that I steal such
glorious blighted words. I
don’t know who I am and
never did, but how could I
turn down such a golden leap?
Back we go to Captain Kirk’s
boyhood; let’s join him in
giving the world the finger.
Or let’s rather be realistic,
buy a couple bananas
so we can make it to five
o’clock and gingerly,
oh so gingerly, cross
Natoma while the Tuesday
noon alarm brings news
of day’s daydum.
Breathe it in anyway,
every rotted second of it,
dirty or not, displeasing
or not, splendid it will
always be. What foul
pleasure this, the bold
new galaxy unfolding
in front of our very arms?
Cannon to the right of me.
Cannon to the left of me.

Awkward I stride as each
ugly awning espied’s
blown well asunder,
yet our bloody entrails
ever blue and verily
intact remain – our
waxen appendages
engorged (for how
else react to each
brilliant starburst,
a carnal gift from
every last smithereen?).