Thursday, April 08, 2010

mclxi

Brutal Tranny

This room is a network of floaters and I’m reading how
cartography is possibly as melancholic as non-sequiturs.
Do I dare adjust myself?
No, don’t move.

Sometimes the gentlest breeze upon the lobe of my ear,
originating from my very own breath.   Neither rustle
nor whir, but yet: undeniable.
I breathe.   I perceive.

Ordinarily, being in love slackens my discipline.
And improper procedures invigorate to the max.
But nothing beats sitting stone still.   Move a muscle
and it’s easy to find the right pill.

Whatever the case, my attention goes elsewhere, as usual.
This time to the floaters in my living room (which make a
fetching wallpaper).   Dare I share?

For years I was the significant somebody I thought I was.
Then, out of nowhere, I suddenly realize I’m significantly
somebody else.   It’s a wonder confusion doesn’t linger, but
this goes on for quite some time until – BOOM! – what a
shame to wake up one bright morning to find that I was
wrong all along.   Then it’s November.

How long have I been saying this?   And how long,
you might ask, has my wallpaper been screaming
I wanna be a serious conversation at me?

Over and over and over, Rover!

But I stay still and silent, a cluster-fuck of complacent decades
(with a surplus of sterling medication).   I am as excellent in
tangent as I am in transit.   Movement always turns me on.   I’m
that sensitive.   Which is why I’ve been brutally intransigent for
years now, sitting here on this very couch,
astral projecting.

The body is a wasteland.   It’s never what you want it to be.
I say be done with it.   Donate it to those in need.*

Right now I’m floating over the Himalayas.   It’s stunning, really.
I’m as carnal as I’ve ever been and you can’t even be me.


*Sometimes Michelle Pfeiffer borrows mine.