Friday, November 01, 2013

mmxxii

I Broke Even in Barcelona

     See Wife Casually Hire Hit-Man
                                      —CNN.com

I’m not sure where I’m going with this. I am such a
shambles. Which is the opposite of phenom. Even

Squiddly Diddly thinks so.
This week I was able to bob for apples without

drowning. It used to be so easy to discover new things
to celebrate. From this perspective antiquity doesn’t

look so hot. Now I think I’m happiest when looking
around for something that’s just a little bit uncomfortable.

Like grapefruit juice for lunch in a glass that I’m not
quite sure has been washed since its last use. But

does this make me a happy person? The opposite
could also be true. As I lie sleeping each night I

can’t get the lyrics of “Dirty Laundry” out of my
head; of Don Henley’s tragicomic/nostalgic/not-

yet-dead voice echoing and re-echoing: Kick ’em
when they’re up! Kick ’em when they’re down!

Kick ’em when they’re up!
Kick ’em all around!

Dirty Laundry