Thursday, October 31, 2013

mmxxi

Act Natural

     For an addict you have an incredible amount of discipline.
                                                                —overheard

Where to begin?  Well, I’m too young for that.
But it seems to be working.  Or you tell me.

I’m going to the Firefly Meadow to take my
mind off things.  I am always coming up with

new and exciting ways to do that.  This time
the Firefly Meadow doesn’t want to let me in,

so I arrange for a shave and a shower at the
Crew Cut.  Is this a dream?  It’s pretty dreamy.

Unfortunately, I don’t wake up.  So I try to
imagine the reality of the situation.  This

square goes here.   This tetrahedron lives
over there.  Or is it the other way around?

Life in a fishbowl is pretty boring.  You
can’t drink the water.  Electricity is a

slippery figment.  Some fish folk are
eager to let you in.  Others are distant,

have several locks and few holes.  I
mean souls.  All’s hollow in the bowl

’til Friday.  That’s when it happens.
The something that I can’t remember.