Wednesday, October 19, 2005

lxii

I’m not even sure if I spelled my state right
it’s an exciting life anyway
drinking water out of a bowl

doing a thousand things at once
which is what I like
just ask this rankled cop

I still have the little red towel
and am now celebrating 5 whole months
but I’m not even sure if I’m really here

the kitty box was cleaned inside the bathtub
I guess I know where I am
every once in a while

the shades go down
and I pop an analgesic
this incredible surge that gives me

an uncontrollable laugh
reading Amy Lowell
as the rain beats my heart

I need to get a job with creative juices
buy a new poster for the wall
I have no money

did you meet my new boyfriend
finally waking up
this time he’s blue on top

and full of compassion
quiet in the sense of a falling leaf

                        it’s time to go to the bank
                        and buy an answering machine

I live at 253 Lamartine Street
my new phone number is (617) 524-8701