Thursday, November 10, 2005

lxxviii

None of the family got blown away.
Whereas, if I start dating again,

what does that mean? We are
tornadoes that spend tons of

money on business ventures.
I slip my left arm over his

long tummy and instantly his
hand slides over mine. This

pyramid scheme is but a twister.
Hey, I’m not taking Prozac and

I’m doing just fine. Our thumbs
are interlocked. Anyway, it

may not be too bad. There are
new ground rules and he shudders

a few times as he drifts into
sleep. My feelings have changed.

This morning is the bluest and
everyone is talking about the weather.

I can see the ocean channel
from where I sit, and the roses

on the fire escape across the
street. Our parent company is

a big dog. And we’re supposed to
get a couple inches of snow tonight.


first published in 2nd Avenue