Tuesday, December 20, 2005

cvi

we got something really delicious
in our eyes for most of the day
it was hot and the color of the car
that was worried about getting towed

most of the heat at Capp’s is
not the kind of heat that you expect
and for that matter most of the pasta
begins where the poems end

e.g., they begin with something tragic
which doesn’t bite
I mean there we were the three of us eating
and it was really very funny

sometime after the mosquitoes
was the sesquicentennial of a
little town in Missouri
where we bought a few groceries
  ugh

I told them I wanted a poem
with more curve and a bottle of merlot
these were both advertised on AOL
while we were flirting with the car

and all I got was this online drinking
and most of the poems had mosquitoes
who then got lost and flirted more
and I think may have even danced

so I got more myself on the drive home
yeah I mean completely lost it was so lovely
like being on one edge of the bed after
walking home with our pear and berry juices