Monday, February 26, 2007

cccxcviii

some sort of domestic argument outside the train here at Chinatown Station
last day of September something’s missing and I’m not as
carefree or tired of the corporate bullshit as everybody’s curious about
orientation dinner? sure it’s such a conceited effort
the new members far as I’m concerned are as far removed from me as possible
and everything even a concerted effort to watch the subway mice or rats

he wants to move away and I don’t want to discuss it
Portland Seattle San Francisco anyplace else and I want something really different
like a new country or something really different
       I saw him on the train a few years ago
longest stretch of time I’ve gone without seeing him I must be such a creep
he had that chin hair that I don’t understand why he grows
being concerned perhaps because he’s too dimply or maybe loving the
middle age of the night crying about it

nothing is the least bit as logical as it seems it could be
I swerve off course and go back to the beginning of time when I wrote
like this only now at Roxbury Crossing with a jacket and a tie
these redundant train rides (something from now is the sesame chicken)