Wednesday, October 24, 2007

dlxvii

Love is not shutting up.   Don’t take that
the way I intended.   You’d get a better feel
if this were not so short.   A better
feeling.   Coffee’s brewing.   The characters
in the television cuddled on the couch
I am drawn to.   To which I am drawn.   Are
drawn, too.   I wasn’t trying to be funny.
They are Heroes like comic book superheroes
they do things I get excited about.   I tune in.
My love is not shutting up driving around
watching sunrise.   Nor breakfast hike.   Nor
all snowy (on ground) with tame deer
right on the trail about six total including
one buck.   Nap.   Then movies.   Love
is not disap-
I always enjoy our discussions so nice
a friend.   The drive back and then my
boyfriend looks into a mountain.   Sure
septic tanks, too.   Two big queen beds.
Two big beds for two big queens.   I’m not
trying to.   Too much anyway.
A kitchenette with a microwave
iced over in the middle of the woods.
I hope we see a bear.   Holding
my hand.   My problem is I am not okay
with too much love.   Too much love is
not enough.   If we see a bear I will
be fulfilled.   Too much love is never enough.
My problem is I am not okay with too much
love.
Not okay with too much love.
These are my problems.
I come home from work and I collapse.