to hear if anyone was in love
and trying to figure out who
wished to sleep with whom
when the fireworks took off.
I opted for less flash,
simply looked off toward
the heart of the city, not the
bay, nor the ocean,
but its residential areas
but its residential areas
dimpled with streetlamps,
avenues and buses.
Mid-afternoon I walk
to Office Depot for
colored file folders,
out-of-office envelopes,
presentation binders,
and numbered index tabs.
When I get back to my desk
I turn on my little blue fan
because I’m sweating
through my pale green shirt.
Earlier we’d watched two movies
that exhibited nary a sign of life
and were somewhat enjoyable,
and then we drank margaritas.
Today’s flower is fire pink.
avenues and buses.
Mid-afternoon I walk
to Office Depot for
colored file folders,
out-of-office envelopes,
presentation binders,
and numbered index tabs.
When I get back to my desk
I turn on my little blue fan
because I’m sweating
through my pale green shirt.
Earlier we’d watched two movies
that exhibited nary a sign of life
and were somewhat enjoyable,
and then we drank margaritas.
Today’s flower is fire pink.