Monday, December 29, 2008

dcccl

There are so many things I could get into.

But chiefly I refer to variations in brilliance.
                                                     —Jeni Olin

(Arguably the most innocuous of her lines, but....)

With poems called “Xanax” and “Vicodin”.

Let’s just spend the entire poem talking about it.

Mike says that Randy died. In his sleep,
heart problems. And Mike was in the hospital his
self this summer, something about heart rhythm

so he doesn’t drink or smoke any more,
just one mugga joe a day.

Drifting...

Tomorrow I’m having drinks on the patio of
The Gap Corporation with Otto, Sean, and Kim.

Today I have energy. Unpolluted energy,
or so I like to think (fish oil pills, One-a-Day for Men).

My ears are giving me problems, however.
Maybe the dryness of the apartment.

And last night
I dreamt I was heading deep down into a cave to live.
My family (a generation ago?) had lived there before.

I was told there would be electrical outlets
if I looked hard enough for them.

But I couldn’t get a Wi-Fi connection.

Drifting...

Fall in love with a poet just to prove your
good judgment errant (done went wrong).