Tuesday, February 24, 2009

dccclxxxvi

Apparently, there is a salmonella epidemic.
A cat walks into a kitchen, thinking about
food. A scarf and a cap hang on a lover’s
doorknob. First, find out what he does
when he’s alone. We rented pizza and
ordered a barbershop. The boss is away.
When this happens, I feel around in my
pockets for dollar bills. Change is less
easy the older I get. Moving to a new
location is psychically debilitating (it’s
the dishevelment). The obvious is
often understated. I like Indian food.
I slept on the couch, a bit uncomfortably,
but mostly because I had a cold. His
poems matured exceedingly well. It’s
nice to forget you’re a grown-up. Folks
who care often find it unsettling when
their adult friends act like children (or,
worse yet, teenagers). More and more
of my own friends are convinced the
government is watching their every
move. Most are more than a little
upset about this and quite paranoid
to boot. Me, I’m nonchalant.