Friday, April 10, 2009

cmxix

The Glory of His Angry Eyebrow

I lost all of my movies.   The police
sirens remind me of this fact.
Honesty, with all its smoke and
mirrors, is what I am trying to
tell you.

Let’s get high and argue.   This
sense of belonging is important.
I will crawl around on my hands
and knees looking for contact
lenses (which I don’t wear)

while you throw the camera
out the door (along with yourself).
Anger is important.   I get dizzy
eating a cheeseburger and fries
reliving it.

Getting back to the anger is
where peace can be found.   I am
short-tempered but rarely angry.
Does this make sense?   If each
morning I clip the hairs that have

grown wild upon my face (ears,
nose, eyebrows) I take two solid
minutes to look at my sogged-
over eyes and recount one
angry moment,

the day’s primary problem is
resolutely solved. Peace and
happiness forever.