Monday, July 13, 2009

cmlxxvii

Del is striving for avuncular
                      (the apocalypse must be nigh).


Imagine that I am in love with this city.
Well, fantasize.
Too hard? Maybe, but I do love it.

Pick one line.
          “OK I was cut off.”
Right.   Pick another.
          “Long story short?”

Long story short my one and only ex-girlfriend
finds me via Facebook last night.   Same day I
get a sly note from my first college roommate
by way of yet another college friend.   He (the
roommate) was quite hotly and heavily engaged
when we shared our tiny campus domicile.
They got married soon thence and, inevitably,
divorced.   She (the other college friend) was
a classmate from India and a fellow chemistry
major (chew on that!) who arrived stateside
our freshman year via freshly arranged
marriage to the new physics professor; in
short measure she was lauding a newly-
found ‘liberation’—and soon thereafter was
happily divorced.   Next week, I have been
Facebookly informed, said He and She will
depart for the Caribbean, ensemble,where
they’re sure to whip up some riproaring mid-
dle-aged fun in (and no doubt out) of the sun.

One of my closest childhood friends’
kids is now at NYU on full scholarship.