Monday, July 27, 2009

cmlxxxvii

Glenn Close’s Exit Makes Room for Dessert

Dear Cat Who Likes Dogs,

Your flying saucers are so gonna hug me. Our
helicopter is way too low, but I appreciate its
NOIZE like Coco purring somewhere over the
Tenderloin. So. I download New Years and
break all my resolutions in less than a minute.

What have we to spare? One lonely stack of
chaplets in front of a close-cropped TV set
(its tweaky echo of a recent episode of
Battlestar Gallactica – the one trying too hard
to be like 2001). We’re still brilliant, and

always will be. Which brings me to today’s
trivia tidbit: Which two states have official
donuts? The answer, it turns out,
is Louisiana and Massachusetts. The beignet
(of course) and the Boston cream donut.

Love,
January 10 (the day after Mom turns 66)