Wednesday, June 02, 2010

mclxxxix

That’s My Superpower

It’s raining, and I think you just
gave me a hangover.  Am I pathetic?
It’s all too likely.  Was it something
I said? Was I out of my mind?

To understand the couch, one must
agree on the importance of friendship.
Today you turn me off.  Why?
Easy.  So many letters.

What’s most precious, a week and a half
in Seattle or a symbiotic relationship
with a bipolar pair of dance pants?
Easy.  I was too tired.  Clunk.

A bag of groceries on the couch, looking a
lion in the mouth. We’ve got sense that
keeps opening.  A still life with blinding
rays that penetrate an arterial landscape.

I just realized today would be my parents’
anniversary. 41 or perhaps 42?  I spilt
hot tea and I’m in much better condition.
Move with the word.  It’s precious.