Tuesday, August 31, 2010

mccxli

Patrick Duffy walks Patrick
Duffy out to pasture.   Okay,

Sleepyhead, I think my head is
squished.   But this time I

remember!   He was dancing
with a guy I’d never seen

and it felt really good.   Like I
had truly completed the night.

And when he left I just
stood up and crowed.

Go to bed at seven, pass out in
pewter.   Patrick mows the lawn.

Patrick roams over the loam
and moos.   A machine

comes over, digs a pond
out of the middle.   Patrick

moans.   I walk over to him at
midnight, drunk by the moon

and Mad Dog, whistle at the
pond with a Christmas tree

sunk in the middle, remember
the duck feet I woke up to

but not how to get rid of them,
wanting to swim like Nick,

happy as a fish.   The TV looms,
rising to oppose its camera.

Patrick thrusts.
Patrick parries.