Friday, September 28, 2012

mdccxxiv

Chronologically Ignorant

It’s hard to learn how to read again.  There’s
no real way to articulate.  Hello, it’s your ex-
friend trying to understand the plight of mankind.

I added a life event to my timeline with your mumbling
from last night (all I could understand was I wish you
were normal).  It was a dream of having to buy pillows

and laundry baskets.  And cologne.  Hey it’s me.  I was
calling from downstairs and I’m going to try your cell-
phone.  I’m stunned by each stunt; how Tom Cruise

is plump in unexpected places.  He’s aging so well!
Riveted by the disparity between looking your
agent acting array.  Shaking it like a tambourine.

I need to send out an update on not getting a job.
But instead I buy vitamins, Tylenol PM, shave
gel, bar soap, Kleenex, a ream of paper and

QTips.  In my dream about a monster who
tells me my brain is still delicious after
all this years.  Hi.  You don’t seem to have

a doorbell.  To add to the to do list (like
Alice’s book on Jack’s book on Donna’s
book on Hello Kitty).  I like to research

but I’m not linking to you.  With
apologies.  My grant money is
three wishes.  One is not to dance

alone anymore.  And toilet paper. 
And lots of colorful pictures
to distract the monster.  Hello!  Hello!