Sunday, July 07, 2013

mcmxliii

Goodbye, Please (I Am Going to Miss You)

     The cure for love is more love
                            —Julian Talamentez Brolaski

Green beans, sausage, pasta shells, shrimp,
mushrooms.  Drinking perhaps three liters of
water a day.  Suddenly sleepy.  Still impressed
with the rain.  If it can be called that  (a hard,
San Francisco rain).  Sitting catty-corner to

a relatively cute neighbor, only I meant to say
“new” (not “cute”) but is he?  I guess I was
too busy writing poems via instant message to
all of my friends (I have several) and being in
love.

Like I love the clouds Otto painted in our
bedroom nearly nine years ago.  Like I love
Coco, and the drizzle (a much better word
for it, I am thinking) and the comfort of
the company of good friends.  In our
apartment.  Where it’s not so very
cloudy, today.

The laundry is half-folded.  And now,
thanks to my breaking the bedroom
window (which, despite the accu-
sations, was seriously a total freak
accident), forcing us to move things
around a little after its replacement,
I have a new secret cubbyhole for
books that I love (and/or am current-
ly reading), right here next to the bed.
Under blue, partly cloudy skies.