Friday, July 24, 2015

mmcdxxv

     One morning a three-colored blackbird appears,
     a blackbird from overseas,
     insisting I return.

                                    —Luciano Erba
                                       (translated from Italian
                                       by Ann Snodgrass)

I’d like to be able to say that to someone
someday. But this is just the slowest!
Hark back to M O V I E S: taken at

a leisurely pace, (no rush to finish),
which, for the most part, have
always done the trick (mood

upper). But then I started
fidgeting. Started falling
asleep in the middle.

Started walking out
in the middle. Now,
perhaps, it’s the song

that apples mood
(I
am slowly taking a
sip). A Chorus Line

(the film). Ugh! I
thought I just ate it
up! Loved it when I

saw it back in...must’ve
been undergrad. I tried
watching it again this week.

How could I have ever?!
So, we grow up (or out,
or down), but man, I need

an antidote. On to the
Cabaret (film version again,
the same one I tried to

watch when in college, but
now...?): It’s P E R F E C T !
So, long story short, a

three-colored blackbird
shows up. And I am caught 
without my camera. (So sad.)

The Victoria