Poem
I have many treasured
friends. But it was morning.
In the afternoon, I complained,
having skipped either work
or my workout. I wonder about
my attitude like a narcissist; I
worry about never having had
the opportunity to slap someone
back. I should be joyous. I still am,
sometimes, however, I’m presently
I have many treasured
friends. But it was morning.
In the afternoon, I complained,
having skipped either work
or my workout. I wonder about
my attitude like a narcissist; I
worry about never having had
the opportunity to slap someone
back. I should be joyous. I still am,
sometimes, however, I’m presently
stalling the completion of a question-
naire I’ve been asked to turn in before
a job interview that I have this afternoon.
Actually, I haven’t even begun to fill out
the questionnaire, which is really just in
preparation for a “phone screen,” something
that seems like a mandatory prerequisite to
an in-person interview these days (oh, how the
times, they change...)...so it’s really just a pre-
interview for an interview that I have this afternoon.
But that’s still an interview, right? Yet still I sit here,
stalling. I don’t even know why I’m mentioning this,
except it seems appropriate to include within a page of
couplets of certain lengths. Such as the ones on this ‘page’....
I like couplets, and see fit to use them on occasion. I
also enjoy many (additional) types of architecture, as
well as the occasional pork cutlet.
But that’s still an interview, right? Yet still I sit here,
stalling. I don’t even know why I’m mentioning this,
except it seems appropriate to include within a page of
couplets of certain lengths. Such as the ones on this ‘page’....
I like couplets, and see fit to use them on occasion. I
also enjoy many (additional) types of architecture, as
well as the occasional pork cutlet.
