Thursday, February 23, 2017

mmdcxciv

                        ...emptiness is a kind of speed moving
slowly with extreme consciousness.

                  —Susie Timmons

             Obviously our heroes are conglomerating.
             Where, my dear, did I ever learn to write?
Sentences, I mean? How can anyone
appreciate me, much less tolerate it?
And to the point of gung-ho? I, too, want
to put a sign on the wall of my office
(which is also, appropriately enough,
my bedroom) with the word INFANTILISM!
Maybe I will do just that. But to what end?
To show that nobody knows a damned thing
in this world; that supposed ‘progress’ or a
positive form of ‘evolution’ is no sure thing;
or, to reiterate, that we are simply
(as a people, as a world, as individuals)
just babies. In the whole grand scheme of
what? He said something to me. Such as,
“You just gonna lie there with your money
all day?” Or perhaps it was I who said it,
both of us being infants. Nothing else 
happened for the rest of the afternoon.

INFANTILISM!