Tuesday, February 27, 2018

mmdccliv

…I don’t really think in words, but impressions.
Saying something in words is so harsh; too
general.  It’s never enough.
                                                       —Joe Brainard

He has me giddy
searching for that
pot of gold.  What
a rainbow he is!
I am so in love
with not knowing
where I’m going.
Quick, what comes
immediately to mind
when you see the
words SHATTERED
GLASS?  I’m always
moving around with
some: in my pockets,
in my socks, under
my feet, in my hair,
stuck between my
teeth, etc.  Today,
I went shopping
for some that’s
as of yet un-
shattered.
It’s expensive,
though.  And
who needs it
anyway?  I’ll
stick with the
ruby-studded
diamonds in
my pants
pockets, in
my tube socks.
So I bought a
stick of lipstick
instead.  It looks
like a battery
that when
opened is
a tube of
butter.
Earlier this
week I lost
my lock that
keeps my few
belongings tucked
away; safe.  I forgot
to pick one up
while I was
shopping.  I
was too keyed
in to cheap
bleeding
jewels and
lip-tickling
batteries
filled with
butter.
Knock,
knock.  I’m
going to use
the rest of
October
(my least
favorite
month)
to buy 
new
lock.
Stay
tuned
next week
for The Case
of the Lonely
Pneumonia.