Wednesday, October 31, 2018

mmdccci

I’m Not Sure About This One...
(Stephen Colbert sticker poem III*) 

In my world a magician

is a thief and a poet is
a con artist. Right? OK,
you’d be correct in point-
out that I’m adrift, drop-
ping big blankets over
people. Some people.
Such as those who can
be instantly figured out,
of course. Because, sure,
much art (many, actually)
is a con above all else. If
nothing but. A pro, how-
ever, gets with the pro-
gram, is on the ball (but
why is it always only 
one ball?). A pro is a go-
getter, a meat-eater and,
most importantly, a bread-
winner (hint: BECAUSE HE
HAS A JOB! Or two.). 
Make no bones about it,
I’ve tried both sides. 
Pro. And con. I guess
you might say that
makes me versatile.

 
 
*(the title of this poem is from a page from Stephen Colbert’s
  I Am America And So Can You which has a set of “STICKERS,” 
  each with a phrase which he recommends using to show that 
  you are the “man in charge” or that “you’ve got it all under 
  control” – I assume to be used especially when the man-reader
  actually has no clue, or simply isn’t interested or even paying 
  attention)