Sunday, August 02, 2020

mmmii

a map of the world

this mesh black
business chair
is friendship.
the t-shirt i
have halfway
pulled up is
soul.  the
breakfast
i had yes-
terday (but
not this morn-
ing) is love.  
the mustard-
colored plush
(and i mean 
amazingly
soft!) sham
that fits
over my
entire bro-
ken bed
is my
country,
or my 
travels
from 
country
to country
in an effort
to understand
and be comfort-
ed by diversity
and the oddities,
the disparities
that exist from
culture to culture.
the orange juice,
dr. pepper and 
gallon of milk
that i fell asleep
and woke up 
(just now) next
to is my family.
the keys to 
where i live,
which i finally
found, are the
many paradoxes
of home.  that
half-eaten bag
of potato chips
is my body and
the chips inside
are who i am
in relation to
the spiritual
and whether
spirit exists.
there are cans
of vegetables
and soup, 
which are the
many people 
in my life.
a broken
peanut 
butter
cookie
next to
the sink
is hope
and the
two slices
of bread
left in
the blue-
checkered
wrapper 
over there
are optimism.
i type this
on a laptop
(values) which
sits on a pillow
(heat) atop my 
crossed legs
(lineage).