Saturday, November 28, 2020

mmmlxxxv

from Dream Diary


March 21

The setting is the house where I grew up and the small pasture behind it. In this dream I am an “adult.”

Two big blond guys were in our pasture and “we” (I don’t know who else was with me, perhaps my brothers) were tasked with keeping them in the pasture, and not to let them escape. Sometimes this involved beating the men back from the fence with a long metallic pole (they were constantly trying to get thru the gate). Time passes, “we” are back in the house, and the blonds have managed to escape and have gotten into our house where they are trying to kill us. One of the guys slaps a videotape onto my back, which nearly kills me. I stumble onto the front porch and notice Woody Allen, who has just departed the Dairy Diner (across the street) and is on his way to get into his car, which is parked on the street close to our driveway. So I stumble further out, onto the street, and desperately explain to Mr. Allen that someone is trying to kill me and my family. He laughs, apparently thinking I am telling a joke, and gets into his car and drives away.