Thursday, January 14, 2021

mmmcxviii

twisted-off flat fortune cookie cut-up

during my first charity auction 
i never act, make a peep, raise
a finger but just try to witness 

which leads of course to
daydreams about somber
chores, about needing to 
wash or clobber a draft 
of an odd sonnet written 
on an even day while my 
dead publisher yells at me 
like a nuclear reactor (i just
cannot find that comfortability
with death that everyone else
seems at peace with)

now it’s the weekend
of a bunch of firsts.
am i the only charity
here?  it’s the first first 
of a bunch of stuff that 
will probably come after 
each first a zombie piling
onto the other stiffly-
quickened quackers. 
so what’s it going to 
2 B? i ask myself as
if i am always and
forever in love. 

black-eyed peas and
Middle Eastern sides
which hopefully can
have bacon (can they? 
i am suddenly doubting).
i could fry catfish (cat
fish?  but yes, i am 
from arkansas, so fried
catfish!) with uber
handsome uberteer
by the bay? 

or take my chances
and smash my
kisses over strangers’
modern studios 
(also by the bay)?

i sure hope one
comes ready for
apologies and has
at least as nice a
view as mine.