Monday, January 18, 2021

mmmcxxii

Deepwater Champagne.

[Name Removed] says the picture of the first story I ever wrote is 
super sexy.  Which, of course, is super sexy.  And to think I was
just seven, writing a super sexy story about a rooster whose
‘owners’ leave him alone on a farm.  They
’ve gone to greener 
pastures.  And I might as well have, I think. Our memories 
are always mostly buried. Or is that just me?  Last night
I dreamt [see below].  All I remember are vague tidbits: 
strewn canvases half-covered with dull media, water-
soluble adhesives, hallways from pre-millennial 
horror and suspense movies, a deep-dusk fog.  
“These overly long halls, their maudlin walls 
half-filled with draped, rustling half-glued 
paper, are each filled with an impene-
trable, charcoal-colored fog.” [Name
Removed] brings me grimly
back (to where, exactly?), 
screams into my head, 
Go Away Dream!