Monday, May 10, 2021

mmmccxxxi

Thank You For Existing

I realize that most of us,
our ilk, the human species,
are a superstitious bunch,

but I must admit I’m stuck
and can’t decide whether
this particular omen por-

tends good or bad luck.
So, you know how we’ve
both been a little bit on

the moody side of late?
Well, last night while I was
shopping, I found myself

(as I often do) pilfering
through the bargain
section, and what should

I come across but a book
of postcards wherein upon
each card was a mélange

of words, phrases or adorn-
ments so the each card
presented itself on the

whole as a sort of
affirmation, mood
enhancement, you

know?  Like what you
might find on a t-shirt
or a bumper sticker of

a lady or gentleman who
might best be described
an eternal optimist.

So I snapped it right up
and thought, I’ll just use
these to find a way to

cheer us both up for a bit
each and every day for, I
think, 20 days?  I believe

that’s how many cards
that are in it.  So this
evening I sat down to

pick out the first and
put a few additional
affirmative scribbles

on it, and I figured I’d
slip it in the mail slot
at the post office as

I walked Elise at
around dusk, as usual.
So I randomly tore

out a card and it
was simple and
affirmative, just

as one would
expect, and it
read “Thank you

for Existing” and
it had a bit of
floral décor

at the left upper
corner and the
bottom right.

A bit Christmassy
in red and green,
in theme, as you’ll

of course see on
the other side.
But it’s how I

misread the
phrase that
should have us

concerned about
whether or not we
can keep this little

mood uplifting
couple of weeks
as nice as all that.

I gave myself
quite a fit, I must
admit, as I pulled

the card out to read,
instead, “Thank you
for Fisting.”  So.  Clara.

Should I be concerned
where we may take this,
a rather innocent program

designed to keep us on the
up and up, and twist it into
something unintentionally

perverted?  I must admit,
I’ve gotten quite giddy
thinking about all of

what, ahem, might await
us as we pester away our
grumbles.  Here’s to an

exhilarating couple of
weeks. Your veritable
bastion of chastity, Helen

gone fisting