Sunday, September 19, 2021

mmmccclxi

pumped for lunch

     A lot can happen. Just last week
     I like it that way, Bruce’s ankle, eek,
     the beautiful the beautiful.

                      —John Ashbery

a pretty beautiful
tragedy just flew
out of nowhere
and now it’s
tickling my
face with its
cute little jaws
and its weency
dancing claws
and – nope –
it appears to
be hungry the
adorable little
devil and that’s –
clearly this creature –
to which in just these
tiny moments of first
contact, if what feels,
perhaps given the times,
in this undeniable moment,
like no moment of intimacy,
unlike, it could be an act of in
timacy like none i have ever encoun
tered, i’m seriously just so, really so mag
netically drawn to this brilliantly colored little
creature, what is it, a bird, a reptile, it is such
a little cutie unlike any other, yes, that’s what
it is isn’t it, i wonder if it already has a name, 
or should i perhaps give it one, but man, look
how cute it dances all over my cheeks and
my forehead, it’s becoming so soothing, and
not nearly as ticklish as it was, not ticklish at 
all, it’s like it’s giving me a massage, i feel like 
i’m at a spa with this thing, my new pet, and trust 
me, it will be mine, it is mine, i am just loving this, 
this – is it – ouch! – it seems a bit peckish, i mean
this things hungry, you’re hungry aren’t you, you
widdle biwdie, you’we – ouch! – no, i’m,
hey, can you see what it’s doing over here, it’s
taking it’s little really really sharp and very agile
claws and its leaving marks, little red slits, i’m not,
i feel like, is there, am i bleeding over here, hey, is
this thing – OUCH! – this motherfucker just took out a
chunk of my cheek and – SHIT! – it’s – there’s a hole
right thwu my cheek hewe and it’s got its slendew jaws
inside my mouth it’s doing something to my guwms – OUCH!!
– can someone get me a mirror i think this varmint’s trying to
eat my entire face off it’s got quite a voracious appetite and it’s –
that fucker has omigod! omigod! omiGOD! [shrieking now] IT’S
EATEN HALF MY FACE OFF THIS THING 
– IT’S – I HAVE NO FACE  
CAN HEAR IT CHEWING MY FACE IT’S DIGESTING MY ENTIRE
FACE I CAN HEAR IT LOUD AND CLEAR BECAUSE IT’S NOW IT’S –
IT’S AT MY IT’S EATING MY EAR OFF NOW IT’S HEEEEEELWWHHH!!!

the tragedy bird