Sunday, April 17, 2022

mmmdlxxi

Written in Red

     Rebecca Lindenberg desires to keep desiring.

                               —Rebecca Lindenberg

I have an idea.
Let’s write each
other letters. They
don’t have to be
long; at least at
first. They can
grow, as writing
grows on us. We
can do this via e
mail. I wouldn’t
con you into do
ing something
horrible, would I?
This is a thing on
which you’ll just
have to take my
word. I under
stand. I get it
one hundred
percent be
cause this is
one thing I can
fully know: you
don’t know me.
Well enough. Well,
enough cajoling.
Let’s just do it.
There’s a reason
worthy of such
a whelming enter
prise as this writ
ing of long letters
to each other (Let’s!).
Why, it’s to know
each other. To
know “the other” –
further fodder by
which to, in an
educated and
logical manner,
begin to separate
what is true from
what is not. No
body wants to be
a fake[sic]. I’ve an
idea, and I really
hope you’ll play
along with me
on this one;
we’ll play as
if it were a
game, say.
Let’s write
letters to
each other.
They don’t
have to be
long letters.
At least not
at first. . . .

yes