Monday, May 09, 2022

mmmdxciii

Prelude to Some Thank You Notes

The world can be such a nightmare.
And this life of mine has surely been
quite the uphill battle back to some
semblance over the past half dozen
years. Five years ago today I was
kicked to the streets, where I mostly
remained for almost two years. And
I started a new job recently; one I’d
love to keep, but one in which I was
hired as a fill-in, a temp
a contract
job. I’d been employee at nothing
but gigs that quickly turned out to
be, if not immediately begun, as
full-time positions all my working
life until about 12 years ago, when
I parted ways with a job and the
man for whom I’d worked for ten
solid years, as he transitioned, we
transitioned, through three jobs,
each more “elevated” than the
previous. After that, I had the
luxury of taking a couple of years
off, began to look again during
what turned out to be a recession,
wherein most all employment in
my profession was contractual,
short-term, and I have been
niched into that square peg 
of work ever since, it seems.
Anyway, there are a lot of
things that can quite easily
get me down, whether simply
psychologically, or due to lit
eral downtrodden, penny-
pinching circumstances.
What is there to do that
might get me, and finally,
back over the hump and
up into a life-space within
which I feel more comfort
able, that seems more nat
ural and less derogatory if
not plain torturous? Well,
something that works for
me is to focus on ways in
which I can be thankful.
It turns out, through even
the worst of the times I’ve
found myself in, there are
always plenty of things for
which I have a full heart
of gratitude. Thus begins
what shall be a set of me
anderings over things for
which I am thankful.
Like you, of course.
Here’s to giving
thanks for a few
days with gusto.
Kindly stay tuned.
Or simply come
back at your
leisure. I
don’t seem
to be going
away. Thank
fully (for me,
although it
is surely a
generically 
debatable
notion), 
at least
in here, 
I do go on 
and on and on.

me & mom & two hearts in napa valley